Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Crazy Talk

Well, today I had my follow-up conversation with my new boss. I told him I was offended that he made it sound like it did a poor job. He apologized, saying that there were a couple performance things that he did not mean to make it sound that way. I still think he did, but whatever. So, I told him I decided to move over and support two leaders that will report to him (so one level down). He tried to emphasize that he didn't want me to make that decision because I feel I'm being pushed to, but I saw through it and know it's what he wanted me to do. He also said that he felt I made the "mature decision". What the $@#! does that mean? If I decided to stay where I'm at then I'm immature??? I'm still taken aback by the whole thing, but whatever. I'll get over it. My new, new boss seems very cool. He's even more laid back and funny actually. I'll also be supporting another manager, a woman, who ironically, will be working very closely with my old group. It's a small, small world.

This week I have been house and dog sitting for a lady at work. I brought Louie over to hang out and play with her two dogs. They love to run and play, but it's been too hot out to let them have run of the backyard for a long time, so they have been a little crazy from the cabin fever. I think Sarah is going to take Louie home tonight after PR. I don't know if I can sleep in a tiny bed with three dogs for another three nights!

Anyway, I'm excited for Project Runway tonight. Very controversial episode. Someone will be asked to leave. Who?? I don't know. Why?? I don't know. Have to watch to find out!!!

As for crazy talk - my mom and brother are concocting this insane plan. They're talking about buying land and building a house for all of us to live together in. My brother and wife and 3 kids, my mom and dad, and me too. It's so funny. It drives my dad nuts when they talk about it. They even have a floor plan and price for the house. It's a 6-bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, 2-car garage house before the modifications. They want to add a bathroom between what would be my mom and dad's bedrooms (yes, my parents have their own rooms because they sleep in separate rooms in their current house. they have for years and years. we make fun of them). Anyway, they also need to add-on to make it a 3-car garage and put an apartment in the basement for me. Yep, I'd get my own apartment. I told them I'd be game only because if I have internships for school and can't work full time in a year or so, Sarah and I need to sell the house and I'd need a place to live! BUT - I don't ever see this becoming reality, even though they have been talking about it for over a week now. They are crazy.

Well, I should get some work done before I decide to skip out early :) Later gaters.

Hey, just realized today is the one-year anniversary of my blog. Happy Anniversary to me!! :)

No comments: