Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Easy Mac

So, the orthodontist told me I'm looking at $6,000 worth of work to straighten my teeth. And the $6,000 is the price if I don't need surgery... HA! yeah, right. No thanks, I'll live with crooked teeth. He said my jaw should have been stretched wider when I was younger to make room for my teeth, so just getting braces isn't the solution. I'm going to get a second opinion.

Last night I had a date with Whatshisface. It was good. PF Changs for dinner, yum! Then back to my place to watch Dodgeball, which he had never seen. I love that movie, I laugh every time. Anyway, it was a good date. He's still holding back, quite shy. I think he's just afraid he's going to mess it up so he's nervous about everything. I'm hoping after another date or two, he'll loosen up and relax a little and be more himself. I'm optimistic, but if he doesn't relax it won't last very long...

Tonight I'm coming home to spend time with the pups. It's the finale of So You Think You Can Dance. I hope Benji wins. It is also Project Runway night.

Also, on the work front, I have been successfully pushing off work for L. I'm just not doing it anymore. I think she's mad, but oh well. She did get mad when she saw I changed managers. She told me she would have never let me go in that case. Even though she was the one who told me to find a new job...! She's very hard to understand. I turned over some work to another admin who is in Texas. L doesn't want her to be the one, but I don't care who it is as long as it's not me. The last thing to dump is the financials. We have a meeting on Friday, I think it's going to get ugly, but I'm tired of being walked all over. Time she learns how to do a few things for herself.

Lunch time! Well, not quite, but I'm hungry. Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm a random blogger person (just started blogging on my account this week)...just randomly looked a 2 pages before yours and thought I'd just have to comment on the orthodontic thing. Unless your teeth are waaaay crooked...have you thought of invisilign? I've been using it for a year and my teeth have really come along. Plus, you don't have to wear the braces ALL the time (ie: dates)...that was a big plus for me. Free advice, anyone? :) Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm also glad the date went well. Speaking of dodgeball, I have my first practice tonight for a co-ed dodgeball league with some people from work. Should be interesting. Sorry about the orthodontic thing, that sucks! I would definitely get another opinion, but I don't know anything about orthodontics so I'm not much help other than that.
Have a good day!