Monday, July 31, 2006

Necto-tastic

Friday night was very fun. It started with a surprise party for my friend Trina. She will be turning 30 on August 5, so we threw an early b-day surprise for her. What was even better was that our friend, Jess, came in from Minnesota just for the occasion. It was so good to see her. We were bummed though, she found out a little while ago that she has gall stones and of course, the darn buggers had to start bothering her at the b-day party. She was in pain for over 2 hours!! I can related to the pain she was in since I had the same problem a year ago. It was a happy day when my gall bladder was removed. I hope she gets in to the doctor soon to take care of it. Anyway, so, Jess had to miss the Necto experience :( That's too bad because I know she would have loved it. Jess, did Trina tell you about the awesome drag queen and his splendid dancing? I was angry I didn't bring my camera. The Necto was really fun. We danced and drank and sweat our butts off. The basement get so stuffy and sticky - but the music is so cool down there! We danced to songs like "It's Raining Men" and "Barbie Girl" and a lot of Madonna - haha. Trina ended up drinking a lot since we kept buying her shots. I was unaware of how drunk she was until we stopped dancing and sat down for a minute. She started rambling on and on - it was funny. On my way to take her home she wanted tacos. So we drove through Taco Bell. After one bite of a taco, she passed out. Not completely, because she had to give me directions home, but she never took another bite. When we got to her place she could hardly stand. When I left her house, she had crawled into the bathroom. Rumor has it she didn't get sick, and amazingly was not hungover the next day. You go girl!! She took Tylenol before going to bed for good and woke up to eat the Taco Bell we bought at 6am :) That girl is funny. I'm glad she came. I'm sad Jess couldn't. Jess, you need to keep a Friday night open the next time you come home!

Anyway, I am now sitting at work. Still erked about last week's conversation and not in the mood to do any work right now. Also, this morning everyone in the company got an email to watch a 2 minute video about Ethics & Compliance and blogging. It was a warning to not post secret company information on a blog. Really? Wow, I'm so glad they told me that. I was about to give away something really interesting....NOT.

Happy Monday to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DON'T be giving away those trade secrets now missy!
I am sad that I missed it too. I would've had so much fun. I've been dying to go out dancing lately but, alas, I don't really have any go-out-dancing friends here, and I was in no position to be out dancing that night. My stomach didn't recover until Sunday!
I think she might've puked after you left. I didn't see/hear it, but I heard about it the next day. And I did not hear about the drag queen! I will definitely try to keep a Friday night open next time I'm out. I'm glad you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

i finally wrote again, by the way. :)