Sunday, October 02, 2005

Some things never change

MSU did not beat UM...again. It doesn't matter who is on our team or where we play or which team is ranked or which team isn't ranked or who has th better record... MSU has a mental handicap that will not allow them to beat UM in football. MSU was favored by 5 1/2 points the last I heard, but that along with all of the sporting "experts" picking MSU to win was a jinx. Too much pressure, too much confidence...whatever it was, it was sad. Both teams played a horrible game and neither deserved to win (I'm sure the UM fans would say differently of course). Missed field goals and bad defense is just no way to win a tough game like that. Typically I am one to say "There's always next year" - hahaha. No more, next year will be no different, it never is.

Aside from the final score, the weekend was a win in my book. I got to Lansing around 6:15 Friday evening. Went shopping for MSU gear for my nephews and niece, then went to Danielle's for dinner. Anna arrived from Buffalo then we headed out to get her some food, drove by the Sparty watch to give Johnny Spirit some food and went to Meijer for propane and beer. We watched Fraggle Rock then went to bed. Woke up at 5:41am to get ready for the tailgate. We parked our car at 7:20 or so. Unpacked the truck and began the party. We had a lot of people stop by we ate pancakes and sausage and drank Mimosas. By game time most of us were sufficiently buzzed. The game seemed long. After MSU lost, we headed back out to the car to drink our sorrow away. We headed back to Danielle's around 7:00. I came home since our puppies were home alone all day (they did have someone to let them out a couple times, but they were still lonely). I was so tired that I was asleep by 11:00 and slept straight until 9:30am.

Anyway, the tailgate was fun and it was great to hang out with everyone. It got me ready for next weekend. Saturday the 8th is our limo night. It's going to be most fantastic.

Well, I'm off to watch some TV and finish some laundry then watch Housewives and go to sleep. I'm getting a cold and need lots of rest so I'm at 100% for the party next weekend!!

1 comment:

The Judge said...

If it makes you feel any better, F thought that U of M played like crap and was still disappointed even though they won. He's an alum.

Beckie