Thursday, October 13, 2005

Random Things

I was driving home from work today and saw a white Dodge Stratus decorated for Halloween. It had, what looked like, a leg hanging out of the trunk and fake blood around it like bloody fingerprints. It also had the word 'HELP' written in the fake blood. This I did not understand... How could "the person inside the trunk" write help on the outside of it??? Granted, I have never seen this before so thought it was creative, but still lacking in thought. As I passed the car, there was some old guy driving and it had a magnet on the side which advertised for a delivery company. Very strange.

This week at work I was offered an opportunity to go to South Carolina next week for three days. It would be to help transition 250+ employees to our company because of a big deal we just won. I was very excited but knew there would be an issue. Of course, I had to ask permission from my boss. This is never easy since she is very over-protective and annoying about me (and the work that I do). See, because I do work that no other admin does because it really isn't in the job description, there is nobody that I could ask to act as my back-up while I'm gone. Is this my fault? No. My manager has greater expectations and therefore I have no flexibility. This is one of things that has made me consider going back to school. When I get my transcript from HFCC, I plan to re-apply to MSU. I informed my manager of this as a courtesy during my review last week, but now she will use this against me. Why offer me opportunities to learn and experience things, like the SC thing, if I plan to quit in less then a year? Well, my way of thinking is, why stay if I cannot do things like SC because of reasons that are only selfish to my boss? It's really annoying. And how would I be able to take time off work if there is nobody suitable to take my place while I'm gone? I do not understand. So, I scheduled a meeting with her on Monday to discuss this. I might as well start training a back-up now...it would take me at least 6 months to train someone to do what I do! I know I should be flattered that she thinks so highly of the work I do, but I don't want to turn 40 and still be a glorified secretary. Granted, there's more to what I do than that, but my job title doesn't show that. I'm just an Administrative Assistant, big deal.

Tonight I watched Alias. It is was good, but I don't know if I will watch next season with no JG or MV. They were the main characters and without them the show is not going to be the same. But never say never I guess.

Sunday is my dad's birthday. 55. I am going to the cider mill Sunday morning to get cider and donuts because he loves them so. Happy Birthday Dad :)

My head suddenly itches, I feel like I have fleas... OH NO, not again. No, our dogs are finally clean from that mess, but my head still itches. Probably because I only wash my hair every other day.

Tomorrow is my breakfast day at work. Thank goodness for roommates that work at bagel shops and get you coupons for free stuff. Hip, hip, hoorah.

Well, off to bed. No book to read since I finally finished In Her Shoes. Now I need to see the movie. Nighty night.

1 comment:

The Judge said...

Just write "help me" in blood on the trunk of your car and maybe someone will give you another job.

Beckie