Monday, October 17, 2005

It's Monday

Word of the Day for Sunday October 16, 2005
lackadaisical \lack-uh-DAY-zih-kuhl\, adjective:
Lacking spirit or liveliness; showing lack of interest;
languid; listless.

How strange. This is exactly what I was yesterday. Who knew the word of the day could be one's horosope? Really I was just resting because I feel like I'm getting sick. I'd like to get as much rest as possible to help fend off the flu germs. Wish me luck.

I love football season. There is nothing better than sitting on the couch all day watching game after game. I just wish my teams would actually win for a change.

Both Friday and Saturday I fell asleep on the couch and didn't go out. This makes me feel old. Well, I don't feel old because 29 isn't old, but when I stay home and don't go out becuase I'm tired from the weekend before, I feel like I am acting old. That's not good.


Virgo - Daily Love for October 17, 2005
Provided by Astrology.com

Daily Flirt: It's not like you're communing with the spirits on high or anything, but you've definitely got a better sense of where you stand -- and where you want to go. Strike out in a fresh direction.Daily
Daily Singles: Watch for a change in the romantic vibe right about now. Something (or someone) that had you all excited could have you in a more questioning mode. Find a way to put it into words, if just to a friend.


Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - October 17, 2005

There are two types of people--those who come into a room and say, 'Well, here I am!' and those who come in and say, 'Ah, there you are.'
Frederick L Collins

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

He who praises you for what you lack wishes to take from you what you have.
Don Juan Manuel (1282 - 1349)

Ah, lunch time. Mmmmm.

No comments: