Monday, October 31, 2005

Not So Happy Halloween

Although this is typically my favorite holiday - it is not this year. There was no costume fun, no scary movie watching, no parties and worst of all, no date. The lonliness bug has caught up to me and that puts me in a bad/sad mood. I was watching Grey's Anatomy last night. It was a great episode but rather sad and it made me cry. Even after the show ended I was crying. And I couldn't stop. And I wasn't crying about the show anymore, I was just crying. Maybe it's the weather, yeah that's it, blame it on the weather. However, this seems to be going around as a couple of my friends have also had sad days lately. I have been doing my best to keep moving on and trying to be "happily" single, but I think that is a myth. How can one be happy if they don't have that one special person in their life to make them laugh and smile? I want that, I miss that. I'm sure this is a phase that will pass (quickly, I hope) but I can't help but feel lonely and sad. Maybe passing out candy tonight to little kids in adorable costumes will help lighten my mood. And hopefully my weekend trip to Phoenix will be a success. By success I mean a plethora of hottie Air Force boys (or MEN) to choose from and hopefully some random, meaningless kissing :-)

But for right now, I'll just eat a Halloween cupcake.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grey's Anatomy was so good! It made me cry too.

Sorry you had a bad halloween. I hope you find your special someone.

jwrwn

The Judge said...

I normally *heart* Halloween above all other holidays, too, but it was uneventful.

I know this probably sounds dumb, since you're sad, but I thought I'd tell you that the way you write really makes me understand how you feel.

Beckie

zyrzah

Anonymous said...

wow. I have also not participated in Halloween this year. I carved a pumpkin-- which basically constituted my Saturday night. I did not want to make a costume and didn't really want to go out. I think it's definitely going around. I was talking about the weekend with a coworker and she didn't do anything for Halloween either. This is after having gone to multiple Halloween parties the past couple years (myself having done so the previous two years also).

I also watched Grey's Anatomy. I thought I should cry as it was very sad, but I am dead inside so I cannot cry.

~Austin

I am contemplating going to the bar instead of staying to hand out candy, but most bars will probably be Halloween themed. ukfitoe

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry your halloween sucked. i was whining the whole night because there were hardly any kids in our neighborhood, and our whole street was dark. by the time i got home (with the candy!) the only kids that we know had already come.
as for the man issues, i am sorry for that too. i know it sucks. if you lived here i would hook you up...honest. we'll talk later. i have a friend... ;-) love you. hope you're feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

I didn't do anything for Halloween either. Part of it was being really busy lately, but even though I got back to my apartment early enough to go out for at least a drink, I really didn't feel like it. I got off the subway one stop before mine, so I could walk and see costumes. Really no interesting ones -- I didn't bother going to see the parade in the West Village. Too many people and not on the way to the apartment.
I'll probably do the Halloween thing next year.

awrrd