Sunday, October 30, 2005

Medical Incredible

"Baby No Skin"

I'm watching this show and it really is incredible... A baby (two years ago) was born with no skin on the top of his head or around his abdomen. You could see his organs and they had to do a skin transplant, he is perfectly fine now, but how scary. To have a baby, and he is missing skin. Yikes!
Now they are talking about a guy with super elastic skin. It's yucky.
Next they will talk about a little girl who has to eat hamburgers and candy and junk food to survive, as well as a person with "werewolf syndrome". He has hair all over his face and looks like a werewolf...this condition actually is where the idea of 'werewolf' came from. Crazy stuff.

Anyway, my weekend was fairly uneventful. No Halloween fun for me. On Friday I went to the South Lake H.S. football game (they lost, it was first round of play-offs). Then we came home and ordered pizza bread. Pizza bread is really cheese bread with pepperoni on it and the sauce on the side. What's strange is that it is like $5 for that...but a pepperoni pizza would cost at least twice that, hmm? We watched Batman Begins then went to bed.

On Saturday morning we (whenever I say we it's usually Sarah and I, most of you probably know that already...) got up at the ass-crack of awn to drive to my brother's house to pick up my nephew, Jeffrey, for the MSU football game. We then drove to EL for the game. Tailgating was good and the game was fun since we had good weather and we finally won a game we were supposed to. We got home around 8:00 and we watched the UM football game until we fell asleep. I went to bed around 12:00.

Of course I forgot at first that the clocks fell back while I was sleeping, so when I got up at 10:30 I was really 9:30. I woke up in a bad mood for some reason. I started cleaning the house and picking up. We had glasses and newspaper and socks all over the house as well as a pile of dirty dishes in the sink. After cleaning, I made Halloween cupcakes and watched the Lions' game. Then I went to FJ to buy groceries. I was so proud of myself, I was a mini-Rachel Ray. I made turkey burger with seasoning and parm. cheese and smashed potatoes. With applesauce on the side it was a well rounded meal :)

Now I'm on the couch surrounded by sleeping puppies watching the Discovery Health channel. I'm disappointed because DH is a rerun tonight. I guess I'll have to watch a movie or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for the note. i forgot about TMJ. the sad thing is that i already have a mouthguard for sleeping...i think they might have to adjust it or something. my jaw is back to normal but i am going to the dentist anyway.
glad you had a good (if fairly uneventful) weekend. being surrounded by sleeping puppies sounds awesome:)