Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Spin-off

I am writing this as a spin-off to a recent post by my friend, Ryan. He spoke of things that I have been thinking for quite some time now. Why are relationships so hard? Why do we prevent ourselves from being happy? My thoughts are due to my recent break-up, which was followed by meeting someone else that I thought could help me be happy for a change. But this new person is so messed up and afraid of relationships that he's not even allowing for the possibility of a good thing. "He doesn't want to get hurt"...well, no kidding. Does he think I do? I am just picking up the pieces from having my heart broken; does he think I want to be hurt all over again so soon? Maybe that is a good reason for me to not see someone right away - I need to give myself time to heal and remember what it is that I want out of life. But then I can't help but think that is just an excuse to not move on. We are only getting older. Life is all about chances, what good is it if we don't take any? And the older we get, I feel there will be less chances for us to be able to take. You only live once, and that one lifetime should be full of risks which I feel ultimately would lead to happiness. No more excuses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No more excuses. For me either.

Why is taking risks so hard?

The Judge said...

Sometimes taking risks is good.

Always, rushing out of one crap thing into another crap thing is bad.

Be careful until you feel better. Trust me.

Beckie