Monday, August 22, 2005

Hangovers Are Bad

Thursday night Tap Room was fun. Even though my arm hurt for two days from playing darts.

Friday I didn't have to work. I got up at 9:00 and finished packing and headed to the airport. Flew to Minneapolis to visit Jess (best friend from high school). We ate lunch at Red Lobster and she took me on a tour of her office (Best Buy headquarters). Not sure why, but it's always cool to see where your friends work. Then we went to the movies to see The 40 Year Old Virgin. It was quite funny if you want my opinion.

Saturday we went to the Minnesota Zoo. We saw many cute animals. The prairie dogs were my favorite. They are really just large hamsters, but they we doing this cute "jump and yip" that we thought was adorable. I don't think it was a mating call because it seemed random and they'd just run around and stop and do this thing. Anyway, on our way home we bought groceries for dinner. We watched Garden State and ate taco salad and rice krispy treats.

Sunday I had to head to the airport to come home. My flight was listed as on-time online, but that changed when I got there. The NWA strike is really annoying. My flight ended up being 1 1/2 hours delayed waiting for maintenance to give their OK. My parents picked me up when I landed and we went to my brother's for dinner. I got home at 8:00. All day I was in the mood to go dancing so when Devin came home and said they wanted go to the bar I was all for it. We talked Sarah into coming with us even though she was tired. Darren also went and we met a few of his friends at Wild Woody's. I went with the intention of dancing not drinking, but somehow my plan did not work. I ended up very drunk and ended up vomiting in every trash can in our house. Sarah and I even shared the bathroom because we both had to make ourselves sick. Needless to say it was a rough night and I did not go to work today. I was able to roll out of bed at 12:30 but not able to eat food until 5:30. I am still tired and should go to bed early tonight, but I still need to shower.

I plan to take easy this weekend. No drinking at the wedding on Friday and no drinking at my friend's housewarming party Saturday. I'm too old for that crap.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention that we watched lotr and that me and my husband couldn't frickin' stay awake. :P
i'm sorry you guys both got drunk and sick...ew! hopefully you at least had some fun before getting totally wasted (or during). i haven't been that drunk since new year's at MSU in the house you shared. although i just remembered there is some yummy amaretto downstairs on the counter....

Anonymous said...

by the way, you can leave notes at my diary/blog to :) it will sign your name.

Jessica B. said...

How many trash cans do you have in your house?

The Judge said...

No drinking at the wedding. Good luck with THAT one.

Beckie

Anonymous said...

Hangovers are bad.
Wow, sounds like the understatement of the year, given your description of the other night.

Hope you feel better.

Jackie said...

It was really only three cans(bathroom, kitchen and bedroom) - but i have never laid on the kitchen floor before...