Monday, August 15, 2005

Memories

I'm sitting in bed looking at pictures from my trip to Europe (less then a year ago). So many memories packed into just three weeks of my life. Whenever I feel sad, I just have to look at these pics and remember the good things in life:

  • Pistachio gelato
  • Trevi Fountain (I threw my coin in...just waiting for my return to Rome)
  • The Sistine Chapel
  • My 28th b-day (bar run in Rome...no scarpa, grazie)
  • The Leaning Tower of Pisa
  • The David
  • My future wedding ring (can be found on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence)
  • Venice (all of it)
  • Cinderella's castle (aka Neuschwanstein)
  • U.S. Air Force Dentists
  • After visiting a concentration camp...knowing that evil never wins
  • The Eiffel Tower (at night)
  • Moulin Rouge
  • And never last, the friends you make memories with

I highly recommend Italy. It was the best. I loved the food and the people and the sights and the weather. If I won the lottery tomorrow (which reminds me, I have to buy my ticket) I would go in a heartbeat and take all my friends and family with me. Even my dad, whose idea of ruins can be found by touring Downtown Detroit.

But for now, I will settle for good, ol' Minneapolis. I know I won't find anything there as old as the Colosseum, but hey, a best friend and the Mall of America are reasons enough for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't made it to Europe yet, but certainly will someday.
As for Minnesota, the Mall of America is out of hand.
Muy muy crazy.

Anonymous said...

aww, you're settling for minneapolis. HEY! WAIT! SETTLING?! ;-) hee hee, just kidding. i'm excited, can't wait to see you!