Monday, February 27, 2006

"Working for the Weekend" (Loverboy)

Or in my case, working on the weekend. Yep, I worked an 8-hour day yesterday. It was shitty. I even had plans that my manager asked me to cancel. I was quite angry with the situation. When I agreed to work, I thought I was going to work for about an hour (from 9-10am) but got sucked into these horrid meetings and before I knew it, it was 5:00. What was even more annoying was that I really didn't need to sit on the calls. As they discussed things and figured out what the hell they were doing, I updated a presentation. They could have easily had these meetings without me and summarized the changes in one email. But my boss doesn't think like that. I'm sure part of her thought 'if I have to work, eveyone else does too'. Another part of her just doesn't get it. She makes things more difficult than they should be. I think it's about time to tell her about school. She really needs to realize I will not be here forever and has to find another way of doing things. Plus, maybe she'll be up front and tell me about her relocation plans finally. My biggest fear with that though, is I might have to go to Texas for a couple weeks to train somebody... That's not for sure, it's just my thinking. I'll have to be sure not to mention that because she might not think of it and I don't want to give her any ideas.

Anyway, if I subtract Sunday from the equation, I had a fun weekend. Friday I ran errands and went out with Sarah, Jessica and Beckie that night. We started at Posh in Ferndale. We were 4 of the 10 people in the entire bar. The bartender said Saturdays were better so Jessica and I planned to come back. The four of us finally ended up in Mt. Clemens for some drinks and dancing. And of course we ate at Denny's on the way home. On Saturday, Sarah and I slept in until almost 1:00. Sarah had to work at Panera - boo. I was basically lazy all day. Planned to take Louie for a walk and go to the bank, but never did. I had to work on Saturday also, but for only 45 minutes (which is why I agreed to work Sunday; I thought it would be the same thing). Jessica, Sarah and I went back to Posh. We were amazed at the differece from Friday night. The place was packed, there was a line and we had to park a block away. The good thing was that ladies get in first. If ladies come with guys, then those guys can get in without waiting in line. So these dudes asked if they could go in with us so they didn't have to wait. We said no, but then they offered to pay our $10 cover, so we said ok. One dude tried to get out of paying, but Jessica put him in his place and we all got in for free. The crowd wasn't the ideal crowd for meeting people, but the music was good and I liked the bar's set-up. Beckie and Susan met us up there for a short time. I had fun that night just dancing with the girls :)

Looking forward to this weekend coming up. Anna is coming home and bringing her new beau. We'll be headed to the bar(s) again. Two weekends in a row, wow, I can't remember the last time I went to the bar this much...

1 comment:

Jessica B. said...

Wooooooooooooo!

Good times.