Monday, February 20, 2006

Weekend

Friday I got stuck at work until 7:15pm. I was annoyed but looking forward to Jessica and I heading to 5th Avenue in Novi to meet up with most of the TNOF gang. It was good to see Ryan and Jay since it had been awhile. I like the atmosphere at 5th Ave, but it's kind of far away. I wish I still lived in Novi. I really liked that area and it reminds me of the good ol' times. Too bad we had to grow-up and become mature and responsible.

On Saturday I went shopping at Target and then went to my parents' house. My sister-in-law has started selling Tastefully Simple. Since my brother is still out of work, they can use any extra money they can get these days... The food was amazingly tasty. They have really yummy desserts (brownies and apple cake, mmmm). We also had samples of salad dressing and pasta seasonings and beer bread and dips and soups. All of it was good. While there I kept track of the MSU/UM basketball score. I did not watch the game because I decided to boycott after their last 4 unexplained losses. MSU won by 20 points [sigh of relief]. I just hope they can fix their "on the road" issues and win some games when they're not at home. Anyway, after the game I went home hoping to go out. Sarah was exhausted, quite understandably, so we just watched In Her Shoes. When Sarah fell asleep, I watch some episodes of Friends and headed off to bed.

Yesterday was a nice day. I'm not referring to the weather (friggin' freezing!!). I went with Sarah and Darren to Zac's b-day lunch/dinner. We went to Outback and it was very yummy. After we stuffed ourselves to the gills, we went home and watched the second Zorro movie (not very good). We decided we were going to head up to Woody's since Sarah was off today (she gets President's Day but not Good Friday...???) and I still needed to fulfill my urge to go out from the night before. It was fun. Beckie came with us and we danced and had fun. Beckie and I left at 12:30 since I had to get up for work. We made the quickest drive-thru White Castle on our way home. And I surprisingly woke up at 7:30 this morning and feel rested. Probably has to do with the 20 hours of sleep I got over the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tastefully Simple stuff is awesome. I forget now what all I even had, but they have a Chicken and Wild Rice soup that is good (this seems to be a popular one up here) and they have some cherry or cranberry cracker dip that is super tasty.
Glad you had a decent weekend. I miss those weekends where you can get 20 hours of sleep :)
Guess who found me on myspace? Shawn Joyce! :D He still talks to Lori D (P) and some other folks, which is pretty cool. I think he's going to try to add you as a friend, but I warned him that you aren't there very much :-)