Thursday, February 09, 2006

Playing Catch-up

Well, I haven't told my manager about school yet. I have decided to wait. I'm filling out my financial aid application and scheduled my advisor appointment. I figure once I have better line of sight to what I'm really getting myself into, I will be able to inform her. Until I know how many classes I really have left and how much money I will have to come up with on my own; I really can't make my final decision on school. Don't get me wrong, I really want to go back, but I want to be smart about it. It wouldn't make sense to quit my job if I can't make ends meet while in school. At least, that's what I told my parents. They're afraid I'll quit and live in a box or something. Anyway, only time will tell.

Since Buffalo, I've been busy. Work has been completely hellish. Last week I worked until 9pm on Monday and 8pm on Tuesday. It's that time of year for financials, and financials suck. I hate it. We have to update what we forecast we will spend and then fill out 12 different reports explaining the numbers. It's absolutely horrible. Also, there is an activity going on here that is supposed to be a big help for our big clients but of course it's all messed up and nothing is in order. I haven't figured out why they would talk about a program and start the program and then try to figure out how many people we need and what people need to do to accomplish the goal. Personally, I would plan the project, then figure out the people and then start it. But, who am I? Just a peon, I don't know anything. It's sucks.

Anyway, Super Bowl weekend was fun. I did end up volunteering for the SB Host Committee at the NFL Experience at Cobo. Friday night I was in the Kid Zone. It was fun, but I was very tired. I spent 4 hours playing with kids and throwing and catching footballs. On Saturday I was sent to the exit doors where myself and another girl were passing out small, event guide/newspapers. We saw a lot of people and gave a lot of directions. We also saw a lot of football players coming and going. We had no idea who they were by name, but they were large, black men wearing lots of bling and surrounded by security. The highlight of my weekend was when I looked up to hand out a newspaper and the person I was giving it to was Jay Mohr. He was short, but as cute in person as on screen. It was unexpected so I didn't know what to sat so I just said "hi" and gave him the thingy. After he looked at it, he realized he didn't want it and gave it back nicely by saying "I don't want to just throw this away. thank you." It was cool because I honestly didn't think I would see anyone "famous" all weekend even though there were supposed to be people all over the place.

It was interesting to be downtown during the chaos. I decided to chuck the shuttle idea when I got to the mall and the line was a mile long. I drove downtown and was fortunate enough to park very easily for only $5. The people mover was quite crowded, but I was willing to wait since I didn't get stuck in the shuttle craze. I didn't walk around the winter blast because the weather was too yucky but heard that was pretty cool.

Saturday might I went out with Beckie to Novi. Jenn met us at the bar and we ran into the foolery as Beckie explained in her blog. I had fun that night (minus the jerky boy that I didn't pay any attention to).

For the Super Bowl, we had a couple people come over. No big party, it was nice to hang out and watch the game. I liked the commercials, thought they were funny. Many people didn't think so, but I laughed at several of them. I liked the Ameriquest ones the best ("Don't judge too quickly") and of course the FedEx one with the cavemen/dinosaurs.

This week has been a little better, not working quite so late although I was here until 7 last night. My manager has to go to court tomorrow for a deposition (ex-employee suing for wrongful termination) so I'm excited she will be out of pocket all day. I will actually get some work done! :)

I don't know what I'm doing this weekend. I am getting my hairs cut tomorrow after work, then probably catching a movie. Saturday I just don't know and Sunday is brunch at John/Julie's then dinner at my parents' house.

Oh, and I'm going to Vegas in March. Thank goodness for vacations. Now that I have something to look forward to, I might not go insane.

2 comments:

The W-spot said...

I definately think you should go school. It is such a change of scenery. Even me just going to Madonna was. It would have been even cooler to go back to State. Decisions decisions, they are hard!! I have a lot to decide too... :)

The Judge said...

Foolery!

Beckie

P.S. Vegas!