Thursday, February 23, 2006

"PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?"

I have ever truly bitched about work and my frustration? I'm sure you all understand how I hate my job from the few posts I've mentioned it, but I'd like to say it again. I hate my f-ing job. It has become an absolute joke. Today I spent the day reformatting charts. We already had the charts and the data, but my boss wanted the rows to be the columns and the columns to be the rows so I had to re-do the whole thing. Then when I got done, the numbers in the charts changed. Then I created these other chart that show a calendar and what activities happen when. Well, these are not done easily, but of course about 30 mins after I finished them, the dates changed and I had to do this over again. My job revolves around rework. If I did everything only once, I'd seriously only work 2 hours a day. I took tomorrow off because I'm one hair away from walking off the job. I know I don't have to do this much longer, but it's still another 6 months so I have to suck it up. I have heard multiple rumors that my boss will be relocating to Texas but she has yet to say anything to me about it. Even though I have taken phone calls from real estate, saw emails and also caught her looking at houses online... I'm kind of annoyed that she hasn't told me, even if she's just thinking about it. Um, it kind of effects my job too. But she doesn't think of others around her, it's all about her. I can't wait for the day she tells me and says she wants me to come with her and I say "Oh No, Hell No!" Although, it is awfully presumptuous of me to think she would want me to go; I would be really shocked if she didn't ask. Anyway, I'm just sitting at my desk like the good, little employee that I am waiting for her finish her meeting so I can find out what new action items I have to complete. Well, of course that means I'll be here until 8:00 because nothing will be able to wait until Monday. AND - I had scheduled an URGENT financial meeting on Wednesday which she moved to today which she again moved to tomorrow. Did I mention I'm off tomorrow? Does she think I'm going to dial into a call on my day off? I don't think so. That will be a fun reminder when I leave tonight. I wish I could just not say anything but I will get hell on Monday because the meeting will be a total waste without me there. Not my problem. She knew I was off since the beginning of the week. (sigh) Are you still even reading the post? I can't believe I'm even still writing about this. So I'll stop.

This weekend will be nice. Tomorrow I will be running errands (doctor appointment, nail appointment, get my taxes done and probably go shopping somewhere in there). Saturday I have no plans, but I'm sure something will come up. Or maybe I'll lay on my lazy butt all freakin' day... Sunday I'm having lunch with Trina while we watch MSU lose yet another basketball game. Then I'll go to my parents house to see the fam. What an exciting life I lead - aren't you jealous? I know, me neither.

2 comments:

Jessica B. said...

Dudette! I've got a nail appt tomorrow too! And don't forget that we will be stepping out on the town one or both nights this weekend. You can dance away your work stress and I can do something on my "vacation" besides writing lesson plans. With 2 sexy chicks like us (3 if we get Beckie, hey FOUR if we could get Sexy Sarita), Detroit won't know what hit it.

This is a longer comment than I had intended.

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry that your job sucks. when does school start?