Sunday, January 29, 2006

"Don't go looking for Mr. Right. Look for Mr. Right Now."

As usual, Buffalo was fun. Friday night we stayed in. Made home-made pizza and delicious daiquiris with frozen strawberries and peaches, watched SATC and played the SATC Trivia Game. We went to bed at midnight, knowing we had to rest up for our Saturday. Saturday AM we went to Denny's for breakfast. Then we watched the MSU basketball game. After that, we went shopping to the awesome outlet mall. I got a cute, black Coach wristlet purse for the bar. I could have bought a lot more, but am trying to be good. We also went in search of a Deb store and ended up at this faux mall. We think it used to be a normal mall, but 3/4 of the stores were closed/empty and the open stores were weird non-chain stores. There was a Deb but that, a Steve & Barry's and Sears were the only "real" stores there. This place was also the site of a boat show, so there were a lot of boats and jet-skis to look at. They even had a small pool set-up in the food court area, filled with fish, and people were trying to fish. It was quite interesting. We went to Outback for dinner. But because there was a 2 hour wait, we did call-ahead seating and had some drinks at Sara's house (Sara is Anna's co-worker/friend). We started to get buzzed before we even got dinner. At Outback we had a few "WOO"-tinis to continue the buzz. I was very upset because the Outback chain in New York no longer serves crab legs. So I had to settle for the shrimp dinner. From there we got ready for the bar at Anna's and headed for downtown B-town. Somehow we were allowed to skip the line at the first bar and get right in. It was called Sub Zero. The music was good, the drink prices were reasonable, but there were not very many cute boys. Somehow Anna seemed to find more than one for herself though :) We were there until about 2:15. Sarah and I thought we were going home, but when we left Anna dragged us across the street to a ber called Level. I always like that bar. I like the set-up and the music and there are always cute boys. We were there for about 5 minutes when I spotted a cutie on the dancefloor and walked over and started dancing with him. We ended up kissing (which I typically to not like anymore because I'm too old for that and I know I hate it when I see other couples going at it on the dancefloor). But, I had set a goal for myself - meet a cute boy and make-out. I have now been single for 6 months and just wanted to have a little fun. Andrew, 23, was from another part of New York. He is leaving for Texas for 2 1/2 months because he's in the Air Force Reserves. Sarah confirmed that he was cute (because you all know I lose my sense of attractiveness when I drink). Anyway, I had a lot of fun and Anna gave her number to four guys (two of them already called and/or texted her). We closed the bar and headed home around 4am. Sarah and I had to get up at 9am to drive home because Sarah had to work today. She ended being about a half hour late, but she made it in. She's such a trooper. While Sarah was slaving away at work, I laid on the couch and fell asleep. I am now sitting with Darren, Marcus, Malcolm and Torren watching the Piston game. Back to the grind tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it. I already went through my 115 emails from Friday so I shouldn't be too far behind starting in the morning. Joy.

No comments: