Friday, January 13, 2006

Superstitious?

Well, it's Friday the 13th, the day of Jason. Good thing it's January and cold - no possibility of going camping, having sex in the woods and being hacked to death by a walking dead psychopath. Phew.

Anyway, I really don't have anything to report but I haven't written in awhile. Since I got my good news, I have not done anything. I need to apply for financial aid as soon as possible. My parents are still being funky about the whole thing. For some reason they have it in their head that I will not find a [good] job after school. They really have no idea how I feel about my current job. Although it pays well and I am gaining a lot of good experience, I have a manager that is overbearing and a control-freak. I am sometimes treated like a child, I get annoyed by the hours, it's getting more stressful, there's no possibility of movement because I will be stuck with my manager as long as I stay with this company. I really don't have the flexibility that my other co-workers do (meaning cannot work from home or cannot just leave early due to lack of work, heck it's like pulling teeth to leave an hour or two early the day before a holiday...) I am now doing the work of at least two people if not three. And besides all that, this job is not what I want to do for the next 20 years. Why is that so hard for my parents to understand/accept? Whatever, I will do this because this is what I want and I need to put myself first. You only live once, right?

Anyway, I didn't expect this blog would become a bitch-fest about my job. And understand, I know there are people with much more stressful or annoying jobs than I have. But, I just want to something I like to do because we're talking about the rest of my life. I already regret not finishing school twice. I'm not going to strike out.

*deep breath*

This Saturday I have a Pep Rally to go to. It's because I signed up to volunteer during Super Bowl time. There is something going on at Cobo Hall, some sort of carnival/convention type thing for out-of-towners to entertain themselves while in D-town. Of course, in-towners can go too, but I don't know any details yet. I'll let you all know what it is and when so maybe you can come visit me while I'm doing my volunteer thing. I thought it would be fun and a good way to meet people as well as experience the Super Bowl atmosphere. Maybe I'll meet some handsome, rich guy from out-of-state and my charm will sweep him off his feet and he'll take me to the Super Bowl game and then off to travel the world. Or I'll just make fun people like I do at Cedar Point :)

1 comment:

Jessica B. said...

If you do meet a rich and handsome guy, make sure he has a brother.