Tuesday, January 24, 2006

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Name that movie.

I'm sitting at work and I really just needed to take a break. I'm so glad I'm off on Friday. I'm head to Buffalo to visit Anna. I hope Sarah can come. The dumb scheduler at her second job put her to work both Saturday and Sunday, even after she told this person she can't work weekends. They have no comprehension that she already works a 40-hour job Monday-Friday and they don't realize that her working on Saturday and Sunday doesn't give her a day of rest! I wish I could go punch her in the nose (the scheduler, not Sarah). Anyway, Sarah must find someone to switch in order to come along. I hope she does.

After Buffalo is Super Bowl week. Is everyone excited? Looking forward to the closed roads and lost tourists? I'm supposed to volunteer during that week, but I'm not sure now. I need to get my uniform for the Super Bowl volunteering and for Julie/Gleaners I need to buy a new wardrobe. Can you believe I don't have khaki pants or a white [mock] turtleneck? I need both to volunteer at the Winter Blast but I really don't have money to go out and buy these things. Now I feel bad. Why does everything have to be a pain in the ass? I just want to help and check out the events - now they seem to be becoming a hassle. I will watch the game just not sure where. My friend in Ypsilanti is having a party at her house, but it's 45 minutes away so I don't know if I want to drive that far but I want to see her, so ???

After the Super Bowl is Vegas. Well, I hope Vegas. My cousin is going to be in Vegas for the opening weekend of the NCAA Tournament. He says Vegas is a lot of fun at that time so I want to go. I just don't know if I need to get a hotel or stay with him & his friends who will already have rooms. Also, I don't know if I want to go alone 'cause I might want to do a few things that my cousin doesn't. Anyone interested? I think it will be March 16-19. Also, a good deal on a flight is required.

Well, I should get back. Maybe I can actually leave work by 5:30 today. Woohoo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Princess Bride.

I am not looking forward to the SuperBowl. I hope it helps detroit and makes people a lot of money, but I don't want anything to do with it.

I am glad that the Steelers are in it because they have ugly uniforms but I like the little stars. I also like the Steel Workers of America. They're dreamy.

The Judge said...

You need to come up with a harder movie. Jeez.

I'm on Spring Break the week of March 13th... I might be interested if it's cheap. I've been really wanting to go.

Also, we probably wear the same size if you want to borrow some khakis. I don't have a white mock turtleneck, though.

Beckie

The W-spot said...

I like the SuperBowl, we get to eat and drink on a Sunday night. Not that we couldn't any other night...
I would like to go to Vegas but I can barely get time off to go to Buffalo!! And I think if I do I'll have to call in. I don't like doing that. Hmm.

Jessica B. said...

The Princess Bride. You should have asked who he was saying that line to cause that would be harder and would be Count Rugen.

Who actually has a a white mock turtleneck that's under 52 years of age?

Anonymous said...

I was kind-of hoping you would have a reason to cancel on this volunteer project. The only reason that I'm going to be working is because I'm getting paid - Overtime! We felt that we should have a presents at the event and that's the only reason we agreed to it. You have no idea how much this group has been dicking us around. We are involved with 4 events and none of them have been easy. It's Wednesday and I'm at 32 and half hours of work so far and I'm also working Saturday and Sunday. I have to buy a white turtleneck or mock this week because I don't have one. After all is done, I'll probably have some of the craziest stories to tell.

There is one cool thing that has happened this week. We had 2 tickets in a suite donated and we are doing a raffle. We are only selling 100 tickets. Each ticket costs $500, but you also get dinner for 2 at Forte in Birmingham for next Wednesday night when they annouce the winner. I think it pretty reasonable plus that means $50,000 for a worthy charity.

There will be other events to volunteer at. If you are looking for volunteer hours, this Saturday morning, we are putting together goodie bags for an event.

Julie