Friday, June 30, 2006

Wasting Time

I'm just trying to kill a little time until I can leave early. I love holiday weekends!

On Wednesday, I went to the fireworks in Detroit with my parents, my brother & his wife and the two boys. My dad is one of those guys who always has a connection. Well, he helps this one woman get baseball tickets for her members, ever heard of the Detroit Society? - me either... Anyway, because he helps her get tickets, she invites him and our family to their fireworks party every year. The rent two floors of a parking garage right next to the RenCen and they have games for the kids and a band and DJ and a ton of food and drinks. It was really nice - until we left to go home. My brother made us wait 45 minutes after the fireworks eded to leave because he wanted traffic to be less. BUT, waiting 45 minutes only allowed the traffic to pile up. We tried to go around the busy roads, with no luck of course. Then at one point when we were almost to the freeway, my brother missed that the road turned and we ended up driving right back into downtown!! I was rather annoyed at this point. The fireworks ended at 10:40 or so, we got home to my parents' house at 12:45. I ended up driving home because I didn't want to drive from Southgate to Auburn Hills the next morning.

Yesterday Sarah and I went shopping. We tried to look for rain coats, but apparently Target doesn't sell rain coats...how odd. We ended up buying a few things for our camping weekend and then headed to Home Depot to buy a Weed Whacker. The stupid city gave a notice that our "grass and/or other weeds" have exceeded the city's 6" height rule. How annoying is that. Well, we let someone borrow our lawn mower so we thought a weed whacker would help. Sarah ended up borrowing a lawn mower from our neighbor. I'm so glad she's the husband in our relationship :-) hahahaha

Tonight is full of packing and checklists (after I find rain coats...). And tomorrow morning we are off. I'm very exciting for our camping. It will be fun. I just hope the weather holds out and doesn't make it miserable...

1 comment:

Dave Savoy said...

Indeed! Being an observer, or "people watcher" is definintely one of my more used passtimes. When I'm not blogging or surfing the web, that is...

Anyway, I'm just surfing around. It's been nice surfing your blog a bit. My writings and stuff can be found here, at The Diatribe Spot.

Later!