Monday, June 05, 2006

7 years & 2 months

That's how long I have lasted, to the day. April 5, 1999. I have worked here much longer than I thought I actually would. And I have at least one more year to go. I now have two potential positions available to me, both of them are administrative assistant roles. I have one interview at 4:30 today and the other on Thursday. I'm very happy to be moving on. I think a new, more laid-back manager will make me happy. Especially if my manager is remote, meaning not in Michigan, then I could work from home more - bonus. The other manager is not remote, but I would be on the GM account, therefore get GM holidays (which is 6 more days off per year) - bonus.

My orientation is on July 12 for school. I'm so excited to sign up for classes. I wish I was able to take a summer class, but financially I need to wait. Hope I get the loans I need!

In my spare time lately I really haven't done much. I've actaully been watching the Tigers on TV. I have found baseball is actually fun to watch when you're watching a good team. For those of you who don't know, the Tigers are in first place - yay.

Anyway, I went to Royal Oak on Saturday night with Beckie and Sarah. Jessica had to babysit. It was a nice time, I was just glad to be off the couch on a weekend night for a change. Well, that was until I got sick... I only had three drinks and a shot. I've had much more than that before and not gotten sick, so it was very strange. I wasn't drunk the whole night, then when we were walking back to the car, it hit me. I was dizzy and ready to pass out, but made it home before getting sick and passing out for good. I slept on the couch and felt like crap Sunday morning. Again, it was very strange... I did feel better by the afternoon, so I went to my parents' house and we went to Applebee's for dinner. I had an Oreo shake - yum.

I have nothing planned this week. Just some Wheel of Fortune and walks with Louie. I have to spoil him this week because he's going to the vet to get fixed on Friday. I hope that helps with his humping problem (those of you at Mike's bbq know what I mean) :) And I'll be going to Ryan's shindig on Saturday in Toledo - and ready to par-tay!

1 comment:

Jessica B. said...

I'm bummed that I missed Saturday's excitement but I'm revved up for this weekend. Wooooooo!!! Crossing the state line to par-tay!

How will we amuse ourselves at BBQs now that Louie won't have the urge to hump?