Monday, November 21, 2005

The Holidays

My weekend in Buffalo was fun and relaxing. It took about 5 hours to get there because it was snowing most of the way and there were several accidents. But I arrived about 7:00 and we went to dinner at Red Lobster. We went to a 10:30 showing of Harry Potter. I liked the movie but will not comment much for those who have not seen it yet. I will just say I liked the book better (no different than the other 3). On Saturday we tried to sleep in but were up by 10:30. Anna made cappuccinos and we headed to the outlet mall. I got some Christmas shopping done which was a pleasant surprise. I always wait until the last minute but this year I'm half way done already. After shopping, we went to Anna's where we watched the MSU/Penn State football game and last week's episode of Lost. Dinner was at Anchor Bar, home of the original Buffalo Wings. We thought about going out, but after a couple hours of drinking and watching SATC and playing the SATC Trivia Game, we just stayed in. It was fun to just spend time with Anna and Travis (Anna's friend from college who lives in Missouri so we only see him one or two times a year). Sunday we were hungover. I left about 2:00 and was home in a speedy 3 hours and 45 minutes.

Although I'm not a fan of the cold weather or the shopping or the crowds, I am glad it is the holiday season. I'm glad I get days off of work and get to see friends and family that I only see this time of year. I am glad that is it already Monday afternoon and I only have to work two more days this week.

No comments: