Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A Weekend of Friends

I was quite busy this past holiday weekend. It was full of friends and fun, see:

Thursday
My long weekend started when I got off work this day. I went home was lazy until we decided to go to the bar. That was a interesting decision since my ex was at the same bar. Talk about an enjoyable evening... I was glad when he and his new whatever left the bar and let me dance with my friends without having to see the car crash I call his new relationship.

Friday
Took Friday off to enjoy a nice long weekend. I tried to sleep in, but woke up early. But I then fell asleep on the couch for a couple more hours. Finally dragged my butt into the shower and then headed to the grocery store. Made goodies for the weekend (broccoli salad and pretzel-turtle candies). Went to hang out with friends; we played the Sex and the City trivia game and took silly quizzes online and drank some Boones Farm and ate chili cheese dip. It was a very fun evening.

Saturday
Woke up at 7am to drive to Lansing with Sarah (my roomie) for the first Michigan State football game this season. We arrived around 9:15 and tailgated with friends. We ate pancakes and killed annoying bees and drank. Anna drank a bit too much and left the game only minutes after it started (poor thing). MSU won 49 to 14 - yay. After the game we continued the tailgate by eating turkey/bacon wraps and veggies. Sarah and I got home around 7:30pm. I called our friend Beckie and after deliberation we decided to head to Novi to check out a bar called Tequila Rain. It was pretty cool but too crowded and the music was not consistent; however, I think I would give it a second chance. We met up there with Beckie's [boy]friend, Felipe and two of his friends from out of town. They had a bit too much to drink. After the bar we went to the hotel to ensure the drunks made it home safely. We then went to Dennys to get food. Then we went home. I spent the night with Beckie since she was house sitting and needed protection from the empty rooms upstairs :)

Sunday
I picked up Mike around 1:00 and we headed to the Renaissance Festival where we met Anna, Darcy, Danielle & Dave and Josh & Elaine. I had not been to the festival in many, many years so it was fun. The food was very yummy and the parking was free. We didn't see the jousting but Mike and I did see the Washing Wenches show, it was quite funny. We said hello to Tess who is working there this year. We left around 5:30. When I arrived home Sarah was making macaroni and cheese - the yummy, baked kind. I guess it was really good - I just now realized I never had any...! We then went to a housewarming party for Beckii and Mike. They have a very nice house. We played cards and watched other party-goers do keg stands. We got home around 1:30 and went to sleep.

Monday
I went shopping with my mom. I spent money that I don't have - I bought tennis shoes which I needed and a cute dress which I didn't. Then at my mom and dad's house I read a little bit and we ate Chicken Paprikás (a yummy, Hungarian Chicken and Dumpling dish - a family favorite). I went home and did some work while watching Friends on TBS.

That was my Labor Day Weekend 2005.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need a vacation from your vacation.

The Judge said...

Mmmm, chili cheese dip.

Seduction!

Beckie