Thursday, July 27, 2006

Bachelorette party was fun. Seems like we were all hurting the next day, but nobody got sick so it's was all good. I look entirely too drunk in all of the pictures so I'm not sharing any of them (I'm sure Jessica or Sarah will now...) Anyway,

I found out earlier that my new manager is concerned about the job I'm doing. It honestly is because my old manager is still monopolizing a lot of my time, so I'm not focusing on the the new things that I should. He didn't approach me to say I was crappy, he was just concerned that the work will get busier going forward and wanted to make sure I was up to it. He also offered me the opportunity to do some shifting and work for someone different, a manager one level below him. With going back to school, it could be a concern the time needed for work if I stayed with him. I had also told him a month ago I wanted to have a life outside work, so he wants to offer me something that would allow that. He told me to think about it. I already know my decision. I'm dedicated to school this time, so I want to do what ever will make school easier. Also, by stepping down, it also makes my decision - what to go to school for. It will be on the Surgical Tech path. I just feel this is a small sign to help nudge me in the right direction. I can work in a less stressful position for the next year or so while I get back on track. Then when it's time for the internship and such, I can bow out of my job. I believe I'm not meant to be an admin forever. At least, I hope not...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's kinda sucky that he was "worried" about the job you're doing, but I'm glad it gave you the nudge you needed. :)
See ya...later!