Thursday, March 09, 2006

Santino Rocks

If only I had a voodoo doll. I'd curse Nina Garcia. Although Michael Kors is deserving as well. In the finale of Project Runway yesterday, Chloe Dao was named the winner. Don't get me wrong, I like Chloe but I did not care for most of her designs. Santino on the other hand is great. He was dubbed the bad guy of the show but he's really a good guy at heart. And he's passionate about fashion design and typically has a No Holds Barred attitude. They told him his final collection was "too safe" after they beat him up all friggin' season about being too crazy. They totally contradicted themselves and I was angry. I did agree with Ryan; none of the designers truly had a "collection" or theme to their work. But Santino had the most creative and I would actually wear most of what he made. To me, that is what defines a good designer, someone who makes clothes that people will wear. Silly me.

No comments: