Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy 2007

Well, it's back to reality. I'm back at work today and school starts next week. I really enjoyed the time I had off. I got to spend time with a lot of family and a lot of friends. I did a heck of a lot of driving though! I drove to Plymouth a couple times to visit with Anna, I met a friend for lunch in Novi, drove downriver to parents' house, drove downriver to the bar, drove downriver for the NYE party - and these were all on separate days. My poor little car has over 2,000 miles on it and it haven't even had it a full month yet (it will be one month on Friday).

Anyway, I ended up getting sick on NYE (after midnight)...so I missed out on hanging with a bunch of people until wee hours in the morning. **Mental note: never drink chocolate martinis and apple pucker jell-o shots, they don't mix :) I hope everyone that came to Beckii and Mike's had fun. There was a ton of food and lots to drink and I guess Scattergories was a big hit. Who knew that would be a must-have NYE game??

On New Year's Day, I was a little hung over, but not too ill. We watched The Last Kiss with Zach Braff - we thought it was going to be cute, but it was all about cheating and breaking up and it was depressing. Then Beckii made mac & cheese and pizza which was yummy. Then I went to El Dave's and we were lazy bums - we watched the Rose Bowl and Superman Returns and Psycho II before heading to bed. Yesterday I had taken the day off to have just one extra day. I'm glad I did. I checked my work email (only to prevent from being bombarded today) and went to Target, made a healthy dinner, did laundry and watched TV (even though there was nothing on). And today it's back to normal...

Joy to the new year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definately had fun. Please let Beckii and Mike know that.

Drunk scattergories is hard. High/Low is dangerous. Sorry you missed out on the late night hikinks. You didn't miss that much interesting.