Monday, October 16, 2006

B-day Mania

Man, October is just crazy with the birthdays! We have already celebrated Mike's, Sarah's and Jenn's. Today is my Dad's. Also, my two nephews and niece are this month (10th, 18th & 28th) and Gayle's is the 30th. And I'm probably forgetting someone...sorry someone!

Anyway, it is definitely fall. Heck, it's borderline winter already with the frickin' snow we had last week. I love fall, but only when it is truly fall. Not fall for a week, then winter for 5 months!

This past weekend was full of fun. The Tigers played on Friday and won. Then we went to the MSU football game Saturday monring. The tailgate was cold! We drank warm apple cider with Captain Morgan's - yum! Sarah and I left the game at half time to drive home in time to rest for a few minutes and watch the Tigers sweep the A's to go on to the World Series...GO TIGERS!! :) We then went a bachelorette party downriver. It was fun to see our friends that we don't see much, but when the stippers arrived, we were ready to go. They were icky. They just thought they were hot stuff even though they were rather scary and not attractive at all. And they were 45 minutes late but acted like it was no big deal even thought being 45 minutes late kind of killed the party because we were just sitting around waiting for them to show. Annoying naked men!

On Sunday I went to my parents' as usual. We had a mini celebration of my dad's b-day. It was mini because my mom has been so busy planning the kids' party that she forgot to think about my dad. I had to buy a couple of pies on my way there. The kids were in rare form. Jordan was actually in a good mood, she's cute when she's in a good mood. Cayman has a tendancy to mouth-off when he doesn't get what he wants. And Jeffrey gets no attention from my brother and does bad things so he does. At this point, jeffrey will take whatever attention he can get, bad or not. I feel bad sometimes. My brother blames Jefrrey for where is life is and takes it out on him - obviously claiming he doesn't, but we can all see it. Jeffrey will go away to college and never come back. And my brother is too stubborn to admit when he's wrong so he'll never change and it won't get better. It's sad.

I also ordered my costume this weekend. It's a "Hot Rockin' Witch". It wasn't my first choice, but since it was $35 cheaper than what I really wanted, I will make it do. Looking forward to getting dressed up this year, it feels like it's been forever since I have. Fun, fun.

1 comment:

The W-spot said...

Steve Ret and Jamie :)