Sunday, April 09, 2006

This too shall pass

As I lay n bed, I think how boring my life seems these days. I work a 10-12 hour day and come home and sit on the couch to watch TV for a couple hours then go to bed, wake up and repeat. On the weekends I could redeem myself and do something fun and exciting, but who am I kidding, I live in Michigan. Last Friday I stayed home and watched Four Brothers with Sarah and Darren. On Saturday I went to my parents house during the day. That was Tiki night. Sarah, Darren, Luke and I headed to Pontiac for a happy hour party. Boy, has that place changed. It was totally packed by 10pm. It was an 18 and over night, which totally sucked. I stood at the bar for 20 minutes waiting to be served. As I watched everyone around me come and go, I got an attitude with the bartender. He was an asshole. I told him that I was next because I had been standing there so long and his reply was "everybodys waiting". I was like, Hell No!, I have seen everyone get served and leave and new people get drinks before me. Sarah and Darren both went to a different bartender and got drinks before I ever did. When the asshole finally came to take my order, three people around me asked to order for them. With all the drinks, I didn't even get what I wanted because the bartender was so sucky. I felt bad because one of the guys next to me ended up paying $12 for two beers and two shots that were all $1 each. I only had a twenty and knew it would take forever to get change from the asshole so the guys just asked for a kiss on the cheek. I was like, whatever. We ended up leaving Tiki after about a half hour to go to Teddy's, Darren's "jump-off" (yes, that what he called it). That place is ok. It is full of white trash, way too smoky and the DJ plays good music but talks too much and ruins a lot of songs. I ended up not drinking that night. On Sunday I went to an engagement party with Beckie in West Bloomfield. We drank frozen martinis and ate coconut shrimp, beef tenderloin and awesome desserts in a 3.5 million dollar home on a lake. How awesome would that be? I don't even know where to begin to try to make that kind of money. Hmmm, how many people can go in on a loan? I say if we are all still single in a few years we all go in on a huge house with lots of bedrooms and live together :)
During the week all I did was work. I was supposed to plan dinner with this guy I met online awhile ago, but between his schedule and my schedule it didn't work out. He said we can try for next week, but I'm not going to. No point, I'm really not into him and already have plans 4 of the 5 nights next week. Also, Tall Mike end up being a jerk. Since I didn't want to spend the night at his house or sleep with him, he stopped calling me. I guess it's not that big of deal because I didn't see any potential for a relationship or anything, but it was nice to think I might have someone to go out with and have some fun every now and then. Time to start over. It sucks. I have been really down on myself because GMD called me over a week ago. We talked for about 10 minutes. About nothing really, but just talking to him brought back all of these feelings I thought I had put behind me. I miss him again. Probably not him, but the idea of him, and I fell lonely and sad.
Anyway, two nights ago I went to Mt. Clemens and had way too much to drink. I passed out on the table at Denny's and got sick in the driveway when I got home. It was horrible. I am too old for that shit. I'm not 21 anymore and should be able to control myself. Last night I went to Teddy's with Sarah. Again, too smoky and too white trash. We tried to dance a little but we were swarmed by nasty guys and that makes it annoying. "You can look but you can't touch it, if you touch it I'm gonna start some drama, you don't want no drama, no no drama, no no no no drama. So don't pull on my hand boy, you ain't my man boy, I'm just tryin' to dance boy..."
W got home around 1:30 with our BK and then went to bed. Today I'm going to my parents' for dinner. In a small way I want to go out tonight. I have this overwhelming urge to meet someone and it's not going to happen sitting on my couch. But, seriously, who am I going to meet at a bar? Nobody worthwhile, so I'm just screwed.
Tomorrow is the Tigers' Opening Day game. I'm going with Sarah, Darren and Zac. I'm so glad o have the day off tomorrow. And with Friday being holiday, it's only a 3-day work week. Yahoo!

Well, time to get up, shower, go to Target....blah, blah, blah.

No comments: