Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Little Bunny Fu-Fu

Easter weekend was nice. I love having days off from work. Thursday night I met Beckii Dial and Jacque Gibson at Diamondback in Belleville. It was quarter-beer night so it was packed. They got the last table at 8:45 so we had to sit directly in front of the mens' bathroom. I even had to wait in line when I arrived at 9:50. I always have fun there. I enjoy country music on occasion so I'm not bothered by it. Plus they switch to hip-hop/dance music between sets so it really is a mish-mosh of music. Remember at Tiki Bob's, that old guy who went every weekend and danced with the young girls? Well, Diamondback has their own old guy. He wore a cowboy hat and a collared shirt with shadows of men riding horses on it. He knew all the line dances and even got down to 50-cent. We laughed about that. Anyway, we left around 12:15 and I decided to stop at a Dearborn bar to say hello to my cousin (home from AZ for the weekend). They were at Howell's, a small, corner bar, not a club. They played Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire at least a dozen times between 12:45 and 2:00. We laughed about that.

On Friday I was totally lazy. That night we went to Lucky's in Novi for Danielle's b-day. It would be nice to have a place like that nearby where we live. I enjoy playing the old video games and skee-ball and the addicting coin machine. The drinks were expensive so I didn't buy any but I still had a good time. It's always fun when all of the Winkler siblings are in the same room :) We stayed until about 1:30. I was starving on the way home but we were all tired (Saran even fell asleep) so we just went home to bed.

Saturday I did some reading. I finished Harry Potter #6 (finally). I'm so proud, it only took me 4 1/2 months - ha. Now I'm going to read Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner. Anyway, I did make a trip to Target to get paper plates and cheese sticks. I also bought the board game, Sorry, but we never played it. Beckie, Mike, Dan and Jessica came over. When Sarah finally got home from Panera we watched Shaun of the Dead. I had never heard of it; I quite enjoyed it. It was very funny even though I had bad dreams about zombies that night. I'm not sure why, but within the last year I now have nightmares after I watch "scary" movies. I had bad dreams after watching Saw II and some other movie I saw over the summer (don't remember which movie...). I never had nightmares growing up. The closest thing to a nightmare would be the dreams I had about Freddie Kreuger, but he was always my boyfriend or something bizarre like that. Now I have bad dreams and I wake up in the middle of the night. I wonder if it has to do with sleeping alone? Did I get used to having someone next me and that subconsciously made me feel safer so my mind would dream scary things? If that's it, I'm in trouble. I do not foresee sleeping next to anybody any time in the near future.

Easter Sunday was nothing new. Every year I go to my aunt's house on my dad's side of the family. She makes the same meal every year - ham, potatoes, corn, rolls, salad and we have cupcakes for dessert. This year she did make green bean casserole too. I came home and watched Sex and the City until DH came on. I was angry that Grey's wasn't on this week. I think that is by far my favorite show now.

Work is rather nice this week. L was off on Monday and she's in Texas for the whole week (and I think next week there is another meeting in Texas she has to go to - par-tay!) I only talk to her once a day to get and give an update on things to do and get to leave at 5:00. Hip, hip....hoorah! I'm so happy because the weather is so nice now. I go home and take Louie for a walk. Figure it's the only thing I can do for exercise right now since I'm not paying money for a gym and it's too hard to workout at home - the dogs would jump all over me as soon as I sat on the floor. Need to come up with a better exercise plan...hmmm.

Well, I'm going to do some work now. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate financials?

1 comment:

The Judge said...

Freddy Krueger is the new It Boyfriend.

Beckie