Thursday, December 22, 2005

Is it really Christmas time???

Hello everyone. I am just sitting here at work waiting for my manager to tell what work to do. I guess there are several pressing items that must be completed today. Note: today is the last working day before practically 95% of the company takes the next week and a half off due to the holidays. Of course these items can't possibly wait until next week, because next week there are several other pressing items that will need to be completed while 95% of the company is not working. My job is not to ask why, it is merely to do what I am told. Kinda sucks. I didn't save any vacation time because I thought I just would get the two days off next week, boy was I wrong. But now I'm glad I didn't save vacation time because I would have to work on those days anyway. Yes, it is annoying when you manager is a work-horse and you are not.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to the weekend. Sleeping in, eating tons of food, hanging out with friends and family, opening presents, etc. i should have plenty of time to finally start book 6 of Harry Potter. Something I should have done already but have not because I have been sucked into that new TV game show, Deal or No Deal. I'm not sure why I find myself drawn to these shows. This new one isn't even exciting, no trivia and no challanges, just people picking random numbers in hopes of being offered a lot of money. I find many people are very greedy... Isn't that a deadly sin? People gamble away guaranteed amounts of money (over $100,000) because they want even more. Unfortunately, nobody has been screwed yet, I'm hoping that happens though. It's fun for me to laugh at morons who lose out on a good thing because they want to be greedy. Ha.

Hey, does anybody have any clue what the story is behind serving hard-boiled eggs at a bar? I've searched online with no luck. I ask because I went to a new restaurant in Somerset, Bon Vie, to get a gift card for my boss. They had several racks of hard-boiled eggs sitting on the bar in place of where the bowl of pretzels should be. I did not ask the bartender because I really just forgot to. I was mesmerized by the woman next to me peeling and salting one of the eggs while sipping her Dirty Martini. It is a French-American bistro - anyone have a clue???

Well, I should go. I want to be ready when I find out what work needs to be done so I can do as quickly as possible.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had sort of the opposite problem. Well, not really, but, instead of using all my vacation, I ended up saving it to go somewhere in the fall and then had to work, forcing me to use it now. Although, I have to admit, it's been nice not going to work for over a week already.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea about the eggs, but I've heard of it before. Sometimes bars served pickled eggs, which is gross.

Deal or No Deal is so great. I love it. I love the simplicity too. But I find it's kind of a probability/odds game, which I like. I'm obsessed with it. I wonder if it will continue after this week.